We are looking for a motivated, results oriented Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and install software solutions for adaptive optics and other optical control systems for commercial and government (DoD) programs. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary development team.
Design, develop, and deploy software systems for adaptive optics, optical control, and scientific computing applications.
Job responsibilities include working to customer requirements, defining system functionality, developing software architectures and detailed designs, writing well-designed, readable, testable, and efficient code, as well as installing and commissioning software and electronics at customer sites.
Experience developing software interfaces to opto-mechanical devices such as high-speed cameras, linear and rotary stages, linear actuators, optical filter wheels, etc. and other active optics devices as well as with the development of web-based and GUI interfaces.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to design and implement efficient multi-process/multi-threaded applications in a Linux environment
- Experience developing and tracking software using GIT repositories
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing control applications
- Demonstrated proficiency using software development tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand, and work to, customer requirements and expectations of a commercial system
- Some experience with network and Linux system administration
- Must be a US person (ITAR/EAR Regulation)
- Preference given to experienced candidates with wavefront sensors, adaptive optics and scientific computing tools such as MATLAB
- A Bachelor’s degree minimum (Masters, PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- 5-8 years proven work experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Active DoD security clearance (min. Secret) is highly desirable. Ability to attain a security clearance if not currently in possession of one is required.
Competitive Salary package; 401k, medical, dental and vision insurance.