We are looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and install software solutions for adaptive optics and other optical control systems for commercial and government (DoD) programs. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Design, develop, and deploy software systems for adaptive optics, optical control, and scientific computing applications.
Job responsibilities include gathering customer requirements, defining system functionality, developing software architectures and detailed designs, writing well-designed, readable, testable, and efficient code, as well as installing and commissioning software and electronics at customer sites.
Experience developing software interfaces to opto-mechanical devices such as high-speed cameras, linear stages, and other active optics devices as well as with the development of web-based and GUI interfaces would also be an asset.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree minimum (Masters, PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- 5-8 years proven work experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing optical control applications
- Demonstrated proficiency using software development tools
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to design and implement efficient multi-process/multi-threaded applications
- Demonstrated ability to understand, and work to, customer requirements and expectations of a commercial system
- Some experience developing electro-optical device driver software
- Some experience with network and Linux system administration
- Must be a US person (ITAR/EAR Regulation)
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
- Optional experience with wavefront sensors and adaptive optics applications
- Optional experience with scientific computing and tools such as MATLAB
- Active DoD security clearance (min. Secret) is highly desirable. Ability to attain a security clearance if not currently in possession of one is required.
Competitive Salary package; 401k, medical, dental and vision insurance. COVID-19 protocols in place.